Who we are
The Association for the Defence of Human Rights in Romania – the Helsinki Committee (APADOR-CH) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, established in 1990. APADOR-CH’s Mission is to take action for the protection of human rights and the establishment of equilibrium when they are in danger or infringed upon.
APADOR-CH’s Values are: competence, professionalism, visibility, transparency, standards and ethic concerning the respect for the following values: its own capital, integrity, fairness, impartiality, honesty, objectivity, responsibility and good faith both within APADOR-CH and with third parties.
APADOR–CH’s Vision: A society in which human rights are respected. For everyone, always.
What we do
For 2014-2017, APADOR-CH’s strategic objectives are:
- The development of efficient legal and institutional mechanisms for respecting human rights and monitoring relevant institutions;
- The improvement of the legislative framework and of the practices regarding the right to free assembly and association, freedom of expression, right to private life;
- The development of practices and institutional mechanisms for increasing transparency and good governance;
- Reacting to human rights threats;
- Public authority intimations and the initiation of strategic litigation in cases which deal with infringement upon human rights;
- Priority monitoring of:
- Police abuses;
- Regulations and practices in the field of national security which have an impact on human rights;
- Regulations and practices concerning deprivation of liberty.
The Activity of the APADOR-CH, 2014
The Board members of APADOR-CH:
The team of APADOR-CH: